Our Accounting Assistants are entry-level professionals who support the accounting department by performing basic financial tasks, such as data entry, invoice processing, and reconciling financial statements. They work under the supervision of senior accountants or bookkeepers to ensure the accuracy and organization of financial records.
Your responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- All company banking requirements
- Bank reconciliations and day-to-day transactional entries
- Manage expense claims
- Accounts Payable
- Month end journals and reconciliations
- Preparation of quarterly Business Activity Statements and monthly Income Activity Statements
- Assisting with annual budget preparation, cash flow forecast, and quarterly forecasting processes
- Assisting in data gathering and information preparation for the financial year end and audit processes
Although the role covers a broad scope, it provides an opportunity for you to showcase your abilities within a supportive and friendly team culture. We encourage you to achieve your professional development goals and measure your progress through regular reviews to ensure we’re supporting your growth.
- Relevant diploma/degree qualification in Finance / Accounting
- Minimum 2-3 years working experience in a similar role
- Working experience in using web / browser based accounting software (Xero & MYOB)
- Proficient in using Outlook, MS Office especially MS Excel (Intermediate level)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Possess a positive mindset with a can-do attitude to learn new systems, take on new tasks and problem solve.
- A strong work ethic with the ability to manage your workload autonomously and proactively.
- Discreet in dealing with confidential data