Our Accounts Payable Accountants are financial professionals responsible for managing an organization's outgoing payments to suppliers and vendors. Their duties include verifying and recording invoices, processing payments accurately and in a timely manner, and resolving any discrepancies to maintain strong financial relationships with creditors while ensuring compliance with internal controls and financial regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
o Completed a Bachelor of Commerce degree (or equivalent).
• Product Knowledge
o 2+ years’ experience working in an accounting role, specifically AP
o Clear concepts on Fundamental Accounting Principals, Chart of Accounts, and Debit / Credits.
• System and Application Knowledge
o Ability to utilize software programs such as Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERPS).
o Intimidate Excel skills (familiarity with functions like VLOOKUP’s, SUMIFS)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Data Entry for supplier invoices, with correct GL coding/period processing.
• Ensure all invoices are authorized by relevant GMs.
• Supplier Ledger Reconciliations.
• Archiving of processed invoices.
• Reporting in a timely and accurate manner to queries.
• Processing month-end transactions including accruals, prepayments, provisions, and depreciation.
• Ensure deliverables meet deadlines.
• Assist the AP team in other Ad hoc tasks.