Our Accounts Payable Officers are responsible for managing and processing an organization's outgoing payments to suppliers and vendors. They ensure that invoices are accurately recorded, payments are made on time, and that any discrepancies or issues are resolved promptly to maintain strong financial relationships with suppliers.
Qualifications and Experience:
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Completed a Bachelor of Commerce degree (or equivalent).
- Basic knowledge of Accounting Principles, Chart of Accounts and accounting procedures, and good knowledge of Debits and Credits.
- 2+ years’ experience working in a comprehensive Accounts Payable role.
- Excellent Excel skills (familiarity with functions like VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Match, Index).
- Medium level of IT literacy for quickly learning new accounting systems and tools as needed.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Effective and adaptive communication skills
- Flexibility in working hours (early morning starts required).
- Good attention to detail and able to work quickly and accurately to tight time schedules
- Highly motivated, self-starter and strong work ethic.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Willingness to learn and expand knowledge.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Invoice processing and posting in ERP system, with correct GL coding.
- Payment processing in ERP system.
- Performing regular reconciliations of supplier accounts, comparing supplier statements with internal records to identify and rectify any discrepancies.
- Managing AP queries and AP inbox in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to organise workload proactively and to complete all tasks and meet deadlines.
- Assist the AP team in other Ad hoc tasks.