Our Bookkeepers are detail-oriented professionals who maintain and record financial transactions for businesses or organizations. They are responsible for accurately recording expenses, income, and other financial activities, ensuring the financial records are up-to-date and organized for further analysis and reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Record customer payments
• Prepare aged Receivables on demand by our clients
Supplier Payments and Expenses
• Collate supplier invoices into weekly/fortnightly/monthly payment runs, streamlining payment processes wherever possible.
• Ensure all supplier bills are appropriately authorized for payment, and process payments when authorized.
• Record supplier payments and office expenses in accounting software, coding to appropriate accounts.
• Ensure other software’s utilise (Receipt Bank, Bank Link), streamlining the recording process wherever possible.
Reconciliations of Bank Accounts
• Reconcile all bank accounts every week.
• Reconcile all bank accounts to the month’s last day.
• Reconcile all loan accounts on at least a quarterly basis.
• Prepare monthly reconciliation reports of all bank, loan and credit card accounts.
Processing of Payroll
• Maintain confidential records for all employees
• Process employee pays, prepare ABA files for clients to process within internet banking
• Distribute pay advice to employees, via email ensuring all email addresses are correct
• Track employee leave accruals.
• Reconcile monthly/quarterly PAYG.
• Reconcile and make quarterly superannuation payments.
• Reconcile and prepare payment summaries at end of the year.
• Process end-of-year payroll and lodge with the Australian Taxation Office.
• Make end-of-month journals as required
• Prepare draft monthly financial statements and email to Executive Team for review
• Assist draft Business Wrap Ups
• Preparation and lodgement of monthly/quarterly Business Activity Statement and Instalment Activity Statement.
• Monthly/Quartely reconciliation of BAS
Ad hoc tasks
• Any task deemed necessary by the Service Delivery Manager involving client management
• Should be a graduate of Finance/Accounting or any business-related course
• Should be a CPA (not required)
• Complete knowledge of Client accounts and businesses
• At least 2 years of Australian Accounting experience (GST, Tax and Depreciation)
• Experienced in handling multiple clients
• Accounting background; able to understand the language of our interactions with the accounts
• Other expertise that may be defined by the customer
System and Application Knowledge
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Advanced Knowledge of accounting tools such as Karbon, Xero, MYOB, Quickbooks, and other applications that customers use
• Ability to learn new systems and tools as needed
• Works within the Client’s quality guidelines
• Ensures quality of work being delivered without being supervised
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Works within the allotted budget hours for jobs assigned
• Ensures all deliverables are fulfilled in a timely manner