Our Bookkeepers plays a crucial role in maintaining accurate financial records, managing accounts, and ensuring compliance with financial regulations. Your attention to detail and proficiency in bookkeeping software contribute to the organization's financial stability and success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Record customer payments
- Prepare aged Receivables on demand by our clients
Supplier Payments and Expenses
- Collate supplier invoices into weekly/fortnightly/monthly payment runs, streamlining payment processes wherever possible.
- Ensure all supplier bills are appropriately authorized for payment, and process payments when authorized.
- Record supplier payments and office expenses in accounting software, coding to appropriate accounts.
- Ensure other software’s utilise (Receipt Bank, Bank Link), streamlining the recording process wherever possible.
Reconciliations of Bank Accounts
- Reconcile all bank accounts every week.
- Reconcile all bank accounts to the month’s last day.
- Reconcile all loan accounts on at least a quarterly basis.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation reports of all bank, loan and credit card accounts.
Processing of Payroll
- Maintain confidential records for all employees
- Process employee pays, prepare ABA files for clients to process within internet banking
- Distribute pay advice to employees, via email ensuring all email addresses are correct
- Track employee leave accruals.
- Reconcile monthly/quarterly PAYG.
- Reconcile and make quarterly superannuation payments.
- Reconcile and prepare payment summaries at end of the year.
- Process end-of-year payroll and lodge with the Australian Taxation Office.
- Make end-of-month journals as required
- Prepare draft monthly financial statements and email to Executive Team for review
- Assist draft Business Wrap Ups
- Preparation and lodgement of monthly/quarterly Business Activity Statement and Instalment Activity Statement.
- Monthly/Quartely reconciliation of BAS
Ad hoc tasks
- Any task deemed necessary by the Service Delivery Manager involving client management
- Should be a graduate of Finance/Accounting or any business-related course
- Should be a CPA (not required)
- Complete knowledge of Client accounts and businesses
- At least 2-4 years of Australian Accounting experience (GST, Tax and Depreciation)
- Experienced in handling multiple clients
- Accounting background; able to understand the language of our interactions with the accounts
- Other expertise that may be defined by the customer
System and Application Knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced Knowledge of accounting tools such as Xero, MYOB, Quickbooks, and other applications that customers use
- Ability to learn new systems and tools as needed
- Works within the Client’s quality guidelines
- Ensures quality of work being delivered without being supervised
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Works within the allotted budget hours for jobs assigned
- Ensures all deliverables are fulfilled in a timely manner