Our Kubernetes Cloud Native Architects are seasoned IT experts who specialize in conceptualizing, developing, and supervising cloud-native systems and applications utilizing Kubernetes orchestration. They collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to design and implement solutions that maximize efficiency, scalability, and reliability within the realm of cloud-native architecture.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, maintain, test, and improve cluster definitions via Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Create, maintain, test, and improve Kubernetes (k8s) definitions in YAML and via kubectl to ensure they meet system definition and usage requirements.
- Create, maintain, test, and improve Terraform definitions in YAML and tf to ensure they meet system definition and usage requirements.
- Work with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) and eksctl to ensure Worker Node provisioning and operation meets system specification and usage requirements.
- Operate, debug, and deploy docker containers and Helm Charts for the CiteOps application and related service stack, including Redis, RavenDB (NoSQL), and SQL Server.
- Work with observability requirements and technologies including Prometheus and Grafana.
- Create, maintain, test, and improve best practice solutions for alerting, logging, metrics, and traceability.
- Ensure Amazon EKS, EC2, and EBS resources are provisioned appropriately via IaC and are available in the k8s control plane in the manner expected by the k8s cluster configuration.
- Ensure EC2 Worker Node provisioning, operation, and auto-scaling meets system definition requirements and that launch templates meet both system performance and operating cost expectations.
- Test, verify and document system scalability and availability rules via load testing using Grafana K6 or equivalent.
- Use k8s Web Dashboard and Helm Charts to provide Single Pane of Glass dashboards for observing and maintaining cluster state.
- Configure Amazon AWS (Amazon Web Services) IAM and k8s resources using best-practice Role-based Access Control (RBAC) strategies.
- Collaborate with 3rd-party Penetration Testing to ensure cluster and application security posture.
- Enroll, provision, and enable 3rd-party Security Information and event Management (SIEM) tooling technology with the AWS stack and application profile.
- Integrate/develop an Amazon S3 file transfer security mechanism.
- Create, maintain, test, and improve AWS Lambda scripts to fire application services, and produce AWS SNS etc alerts and messages.