Our Payroll Officers are responsible for managing and processing employee payroll, ensuring accurate and timely compensation. They handle various payroll tasks, such as calculating wages, tracking attendance, and maintaining payroll records while adhering to relevant legal and company policies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
For their delegated clients, the payroll officer is responsible for:
• Process 300 – 400 staff per week across multiple awards
• Respond to pay queries accordingly via email and phone
• General payroll management in accordance with relevant workplace awards
• Maintaining payroll software
• Maintaining accurate employee details for all clients – including entering new employee information
• Processing payrolls once the client has approved previews
• Run monthly payroll journals for integration into MYOB Advanced /XERO
• Complete payroll reconciliations
• Complete monthly super reconciliations
• Process monthly superannuation contributions through employer portals
• Recording payroll information in accounting software and in the company archive system
• General Payroll Management
o Be familiar with guidelines for employers
o Be familiar with the relevant award structure for each client
o Process payroll on the day agreed upon with the client
o Ensure payroll is processed in accordance with client instructions at all time
• Payroll Software
o Be familiar with all aspects of the payroll software used for each client
o Maintain the integrity and currency of all information within the payroll software (employee details, employer details, award rates, superannuation funds etc)
o Ensure previews are approved before processing the final payroll
• Recording of Payroll Information
o Produce superannuation and YTD reports monthly
o Reconcile wages, PAYG and superannuation using payroll software
• Superannuation and STP obligations:
o Process superannuation via the online portal for each client monthly
o Ensure all superannuation records and employee details are current
o Ensure STP is uploaded for each payroll
o Ensure the computer is maintained in optimal working order at all times
• Should be a graduate of Finance and or Accounting, Management course.
• Sound knowledge of office administration systems and processes.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and G-Suite.
• Sound bookkeeping knowledge, including bank reconciliations and BAS preparation.
• Australian Payroll Experience
• Strong Computer Skills
• Xero Experience
System and Application Knowledge
• Sound working knowledge of Xero and MYOB Advanced