Our Practice Admins play a pivotal role in the smooth operation of medical or professional practices, managing administrative tasks, and ensuring efficient day-to-day activities. From appointment scheduling to handling patient inquiries, they contribute to creating a positive and organized work environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate payroll services including superannuation payments, Australian Taxation Office employer responsibilities and maintain records of leave entitlements.
- Maintain accurate financial records and provide regular reports to the practice owner/s.
- Coordinate accounts receivable and payable and maintain debt prevention activities.
- Develop and maintain a suite of practice policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Be part of and contribute to a team environment.
- Lead accreditation compliance and implementation including preparation.
- Coordinate staff employment and rosters, including annual leave cover.
- Encourage employee motivation, professional development and satisfaction.
- Coordinate the interviewing and hiring of staff.
- Conduct regular staff training, meetings and appraisals.
- Previous experience in a management and/or high-level practice administrative position.
- Experience in financial management, accounting systems and reporting processes.
- The ability to demonstrate and encourage leadership and teamwork.
- The ability to build customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Working knowledge of Windows-based software systems (e.g. Word and Excel).