Our Senior Bookkeepers take on a leadership role within the finance team, overseeing and managing the accurate recording and organization of financial transactions and records for an organization. They often handle more complex financial tasks, supervise junior bookkeepers, and provide insights to guide financial strategies and reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supplier Payments and Expenses
- Collate supplier invoices into weekly/fortnightly/monthly payment runs, streamlining payment processes wherever possible.
- Ensure all supplier bills are appropriately authorized for payment, and process payments when authorized.
- Record supplier payments and office expenses in accounting software, coding to appropriate accounts.
- Ensure other software’s utilise (Receipt Bank, Bank Link), streamlining the recording process wherever possible.
Reconciliations of Bank Accounts
- Reconcile all bank accounts every week.
- Reconcile all bank accounts to the month’s last day.
- Reconcile all loan accounts on at least a quarterly basis.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation reports of all bank, loan and credit card accounts.
Processing of Payroll
- Maintain confidential records for all employees
- Process employee pays, prepare ABA files for clients to process within internet banking
- Distribute pay advice to employees, via email ensuring all email addresses are correct
- Track employee leave accruals.
- Reconcile monthly/quarterly PAYG.
- Reconcile and make quarterly superannuation payments.
- Reconcile and prepare payment summaries at end of the year.
- Process end-of-year payroll and lodge with the Australian Taxation Office.
- Make end-of-month journals as required
- Prepare draft monthly financial statements and email to Executive Team for review
- Assist draft Business Wrap Ups
- Tracking Income and expenses for specific projects (Xero)
- Allocation of expenses to specific projects
- Preparation and lodgement of monthly/quarterly Business Activity Statement and Instalment Activity Statement.
- Monthly/Quartely reconciliation of BAS
Corporate Admin & Compliance
- General support with corporate administration requirements (ASIC, etc.)
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external audits.
- Assist with Admin tasks such as preparing Meeting agenda’s and minutes
- Should be a graduate of Finance/Accounting or any business-related course
- Should be a CPA (not required)
- Complete knowledge of Client accounts and businesses
- At least 4-5 years of Australian Bookkeeping experience
- Experienced in handling multiple clients
- Accounting background; able to understand the language of our interactions with the accounts
- Other expertise that may be defined by the customer
System and Application Knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced Knowledge of accounting tool – Xero
- Ability to learn new systems and tools as needed
- Works within the Client’s quality guidelines
- Ensures quality of work being delivered without being supervised
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Works within the allotted budget hours for jobs assigned
- Ensures all deliverables are fulfilled in a timely manner