Our Accounts Payable Bookkeeper is responsible for managing a company's accounts payable process. They are tasked with ensuring that bills and invoices are processed accurately and in a timely manner, and that all financial records are maintained in accordance with accounting standards.
- Completed a Bachelor of Commerce degree (or equivalent).
- Preference will be given to staff enrolled with a CA/CPA Program.
- 2+ years’ experience working in an accounting role.
- Clear concepts on Fundamental Accounting Principals, Chart of Accounts and Debit / Credits.
System and Application Knowledge
- Ability to utilise software programs such as Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERPS).
- Intimidate Excel skills (familiarity with functions like VLOOKUP’s, SUMIFS)
- Strong numerical and IT skills
- Has the ability and willingness to learn new systems and tools, as needed
- Flexibility in working hours (early morning starts required).
- Good attention to detail and able to work quickly and accurately to tight time schedules
- Demonstrated analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Willing to learn and be keen and committed in a working environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Data Entry for supplier invoices, with correct GL coding / period processing.
- Ensure all invoices are authorised by relevant GMs.
- Supplier Ledger Reconciliations.
- Archiving of processed invoices.
- Reporting in a timely and accurate manner to queries.
- Processing month end transactions including accruals, prepayments, provisions and depreciation.
- Ensure deliverables are meeting deadlines.
- Assist the AP team in other Ad hoc tasks.
- Teaming with AR team to assist with Customer Onboarding.
KEY RESULT AREAS AND PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KRA’s & KPI’s)
- Productivity needs to meet the minimum expectation set for each task
- Accuracy and quality of work is a requirement and will be measured
- Punctual and regular attendance is an expectation