Our Intermediate Accountants are bookkeeping and Australian accounting experts and may be assigned as a dedicated resource for a customer or as part of a team of shared resources helping deliver outcomes to service level expectations. May be assigned to help manage a team, performing process compliance reviews and systematic and scheduled checks of the accuracy of work being done by other team members, i.e. Junior Accountants.
- Should be a graduate of Finance/Accounting or any business-related course
- CPA is preferred but is not required
- Complete knowledge of Client accounts and businesses
- At least 2 years of Australian Accounting experience (GST, Tax and Depreciation)
- Experienced in handling multiple clients
- Accounting background; able to understand the language of our interactions with the accounts
- Other expertise that may be defined by the customer
System and Application Knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced Knowledge of accounting tools such as Xero, MYOB, Quickbooks, and other applications that customers use
- Ability to learn new systems and tools as needed
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Record customer payments
- Prepare aged Receivables on demand by our clients
Supplier Payments and Expenses
- Collate supplier invoices into weekly/fortnightly/monthly payment runs, streamlining payment processes wherever possible.
- Ensure all supplier bills are appropriately authorized for payment, and process payments when authorized.
- Record supplier payments and office expenses in accounting software, coding to appropriate accounts.
- Ensure other software’s utilise (Receipt Bank, Bank Link), streamlining the recording process wherever possible.
Reconciliations of Bank Accounts
- Reconcile all bank accounweeklysis.
- Reconcile all bank accounts to the month’s last day.
- Reconcile all loan accounts on at least a quarterly basis.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation reports of all bank, loan and credit card accounts.
Processing of Payroll
- Maintain confidential records for all employees
- Process employee pays, prepare ABA files for clients to process within Internet banking
- Distribute pay advice to employees, via email ensuring all email addresses are correct
- Track employee leave accruals.
- Reconcile monthly/quarterly PAYG.
- Reconcile and make quarterly superannuation payments.
- Reconcile and prepare payment summaries at the end of the year.
- Process end-of-year payroll and lodge with the Australian Taxation Office.
- Make end-of-month journals as required
- Prepare draft monthly financial statements and email them to the Executive Team for review
- Assist draft Business Wrap Ups
- Preparation and lodgement of monthly/quarterly Business Activity Statement and Instalment Activity Statement.
- Monthly/Quarterly reconciliation of BAS
- Any task deemed necessary by the Service Delivery Manager involving client management